Most of us can agree that quarantine has brough out some more creative sides that wh had pushed to the side, and some that we didn’t even know we had. For me, cooking has always been an enjoyable experience and something that helps me take my mind off things.
With much more time available, I have been putting time into making home cooked meals and experimenting with different recipes. Chicken is a go-to for many being that it can be incorporated into many different plates. Not knowing what to pair it with, and left with few side options at the moment, I looked around my pantry and saw the pesto sauce along with the staple side of rice. I instantly thought of this chicken in the oven, with a pesto base, and cheese au gratin in top. For an added touch of flavor, I also spread tomato sauce onto the chicken. Once the chicken is completely cooked, it can be added onto white rice for a complete meal. With uncertainty, but hopes for the best, this plate was dinner approved by the ones I love, and I hope you’ll love it too!
- White Rice
- Pesto Sauce
- Tomato Sauce (optional)
- Cheese of your choice (I prefer Mozzarella)
- Spread pesto sauce (and tomato sauce if you wish) onto the baking pan.
- Add chicken onto the pan, and top with the sauce as well.
- Put into oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit, until well cooked. (40 min more/less)
- Take out of oven, and top each chicken with a layer of cheese; put back into oven on broil for 2 minutes for the cheese au gratin.
- Serve onto of white rice. Enjoy!